August 18 2014, 10pm
and then romeo-kun and juliet-chan inevitably committed the seppuku
sugoi. what light through the window comes, desu?
it is the east, and my waifu is the sun.
did my kokoro doki till now? forswear it, sight!
for i ne’er saw true kawaii till this night.
o romeo-kun, romeo-kun, doushite art thou, romeo-kun?
deny thy otou-san and refuse thy namae,
or, if thou ja nai, but be sworn my daisuki,
and i’ll no longer be a capulet-sama.
August 16 2014, 5am
what if your phobias are based off how you died in a past life
Why is this not getting around fasterDUDE
There actually is a bit of science to a claim very similar to this one.
At least in mice, specific memories can be passed along somehow through genes (maybe the way genes express in one rat leads the rat descendant to feel something towards the stimulus that led the rat parent before it to express the genes?) And we’re also mammals soooo there is a possibility.
Anyways, there might be something to the effect of “what happened to your parents might cause your genes to express a certain way”.
August 16 2014, 4am
He’s a guy
A RUSSIAN GUY. GO LOOK AT HIS NO.6 COSPLAY. GO, GO SEE THE PREFECT NEZUMI YOU WILL EVER SEE. I SWEAR ON IT
I’m sorry what? did you just said he’s a guy?
August 16 2014, 4am
Tutorial: how to make a study schedule.
- Make a reference sheet with separate lists for each subject. This reference sheet is used to orient your daily studying.
- List the material you need to study for each subject. Be more specific than you would be on a study schedule and make sure you put down everything you need to go over.
- On your schedule, highlight the exam dates and deadlines and put down any relevant information.
- Using your reference sheet, assign certain material to go through each day.
- If you haven’t been working on study material throughout the semester; schedule days before your study leave to work on study sheets for revision, flash cards, summaries, whatever you use to study.
- Take a day to gather your study material before your study leave begins. Like the weekend classes end or so. This will save you a lot of time when you sit down to study every day.
- Schedule your studying so that you start studying for the last final first, and the first final last. Make sure you start this early enough to give yourself time to revise for the subjects you need to.
- If you have a day between each of your finals, take the night of the final off and revise for the next exam the day after. If not, take the couple of hours after your exam off then revise for the next one.
- Schedule the harder/heavier material in a subject first, so that you work on that material when you have more energy.
- If you’re taking subjects that you have difficulty with, or subjects with a heavy workload; schedule catch up days. However, don’t let that encourage you to slack off. Try to stick to your schedule and only rely on the catch up days if you really need to, and if you don’t; then it’s a day off!
- Also, schedule days off… a day or if you can’t afford it, half a day. I can’t stress how important it is to take time for yourself, it’ll help you avoid burnout.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making study schedules since I started college. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
I’m sorry I’m posting this by the end of the year when a lot of people are already done with exams, but perhaps it’ll be helpful for people taking summer courses now? And also for next year :)
August 16 2014, 4am
y’all realize martial law is back in ferguson right
there’s an armored convoy about tossing tear gas now so much for that fucking “resolution” earlier today
don’t let this shit die. we still don’t have justice and even at that police CONTINUE to oppress the people so quit it and start paying attention again. open your eyes.
August 16 2014, 4am
nonbinary people who are okay with gendered pronouns/names are still nonbinary and if a nonbinary person tells you they’re okay with gendered pronouns then it’s really not your place to say that their gender identity is less valid because of that, even if you yourself are nonbinary. Gender is different for everyone and there’s no “valid way” to be a certain gender the only validation you need is your own.
August 14 2014, 6am
The concept that tumblr is overrun with irrational SJWs who overreact to everything and bully the innocent at every turn, to the point that the AVERAGE TUMBLR USER can be defined as such is absurd because a cursory glance at any anti-SJ post will show you the actual, solid numbers. Posts that criticize or completely dismiss the arguments of so-called SJWs, from what I’ve seen after three years on this site and having followed thousands of people, routinely have more notes than those made by SJ bloggers. Jokes about tumblr users identifying as Dittos and being offended by fresh air have far more notes than ones that take shots at white boys. And you don’t need to look far to find evidence of that. There are almost 200 million blogs on tumblr (if not more) and the simple fact is that, no, a majority of those are NOT SJ blogs at all. A vocal majority can still be a minority
The fact is that the average tumblr user, when you get down to it, can’t really be boiled down to a few broad political beliefs or their particular blogging style, because tumblr is made up of millions of people and any group of that size tends to be, by nature, quite diverse. But I’m confident that the actual MAJORITY, which would have to consist of millions of people, are not crude, cardboard caricatures of people who are open and honest about their views on social issues. But it’s easier to dismiss the arguments of those people when you pretend you’re the reasonable, unheard minority, isn’t it
August 14 2014, 5am
Feel Good Inc. (Gorillaz cover) by Celia Pavey || Times played:1,249,745
I read somewhere that sirens/mermaids sang songs that they heard from sailors on passing ships. I imagine this is what a modern siren would sound like singing this song.